Jun 9, 2011

21-24 Weeks...catchup!

I've been slacking!!! Sorry! It's been a busy few weeks - hopefully I will update this blog in it's entirety by the end of this week. Well...that's my goal!!!

So baby went from a large mango to a papaya to now an ear of corn. I think these produce comparisons are hilarious...but completely dumb! My little girl is about 1.5 lbs now and about 8-10 inches.

I've definitely gotten bigger since the 20 week halfway mark. I really need to get on the picture bandwagon. I need to get out my fancy camera and start snappin pictures. All the picture I have are on my phone - it's just so darn convenient. BUT I need to get in the habit of using my camera - so I can take TONS of baby pictures!

I passed my 1st glucose test. I have to take another one next week. I'm hoping I pass again... I'm high risk for gestational diabetes. I have Metabolic Syndrome - long story short - my body stores more fat than it's suppose to. I cannot eat carbs without them going straight to my belly. It totally sucks. When I was 19 I gained 120 lbs in a year and once they figured out what I had and a year and half later I lost 100 lbs. NOT FUN. I was super scared to stop my meds and start eating carbs when I found out I was pregnant. I have gained 15 lbs - which I guess is totally normal. Normal range is 15-20 by now. I feel like blimp lately, but mostly because of my baby bump. And I love it - so I'm not complaining! I try to eat as healthy as possible - fruit, veggies. protein, whole grains, etc. I'm human though - I DO cheat and have ice cream or fast food occasionally. I admit I do have cravings but NOTHING like I imagined. I'm hoping to not get past a 40 lb gain. I think I will be ok. I'm not too stressed about it though - I have a good plan for after the baby is born :)

My little girl has been kicking me NONSTOP! I LOVE IT! At first, I thought this wasn't normal - and thought when the hell does she sleep.. BUT doctor said it's completely normal - means baby is healthy and strengthening her muscles! Yay! I actually put our remote on my belly the other day and it started jumping! It was the coolest thing ever!! You should have seen Mike's face - he looked so cute and excited!! Priceless.

I still feel really good. No complaints at all. I do have this broken crotch thing (pelvic bone) going on - but I'll save that for another post. All my heartburn, headaches, constipation (tmi), tiredness - are ALL gone. The 2nd trimester is DEFINITELY the honeymoon trimester. I'm enjoying it while I can because I know things will change in a couple weeks :)

It's getting so much closer until we meet my baby girl - only 16 more weeks! Crazy, right?! I can't freakin wait!!!

No comments: