May 8, 2011

19 weeks

My little one is the size of a large mango...or a heirloom tomato.

The produce is getting weird - I love mangoes and tomatoes but I feel so strange eating them! Ha!

The last week has been exciting.. The baby has been getting stronger, I still feel he/she every day. This little one is most active in the morning, but lately they have been really active at night. Daddy got to feel a kick - finally!

I'm still lucky enough to still wear some pre-pregnancy tops - but not for long. They are getting a big too short. I'm so glad they lasted this long though. I went shopping and got more maternity items. Maternity clothes are so expensive.... but I have to admit that there is a lot of cute stuff out there!

I'm trying to walk as much as I can - but I think I need to step it up a notch. I'm feeling fat and yucky a lot - but I'm really trying to ignore that. It's just hard when your body changes so much. Luckily, the hubs is loving all the changes ;-) I'm eating really good - lots of veggies, hummus, lean meat, whole grain cereal, milk/cheese... I have cheated here and there with sweet treats but I don't overdo it. I think if I workout more and try not to give in to my cravings I will be able to stay in shape. I don't believe in 'eating for two'... and gaining a million pounds are OK. I do understand how women go overboard though - my appetite is nuts. I'm always hungry - but I can't eat a lot in one meal - thank goodness!

I go May 18th for my ultrasound.... We cannot wait! I am mostly excited to see our little one live on TV and make sure everything is OK - but we are also anxious to find out the sex! This mommy journey has been so incredible so far... I love this little baby so much already, it's unbelievable.

No comments: