May 3, 2011

18 weeks

My little one is as big as sweet potato!

Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements. (Source)



He/She is very active! I feel her/him every morning when I first sit down at work, sometimes at lunch and always in the evening when I finally sit down to relax. The movement is still not strong enough for the hubs to feel...but they are definitely there. I love feeling my little monkey every day. I smile every time I feel it. I still can't put into words how amazing it is...

I'm feeling really good. My headaches are less frequent and I'm not cramping as much. Every now and then I will get a feeling in my lower abs - but it's more pressure than anything. I think it might be the little one resting down there. He/She loves to hang out really low. I'm hoping things move up soon - this monkey has learned to use my cervix and bladder as a trampoline! Also, I'm still carrying really low. I have a definite bump - but I don't find it 'cute' yet, ya know?!

I started prenatal yoga! I love love LOVE it! It really helps with back pain and it just all in all makes me feel better. I'm trying to switch between yoga and walking every day. I'm avoiding the scale..... I'm so not looking forward to gaining weight. I KNOW that it's a necessity to grow a healthy baby - so trust me I'm eating. Too much at times. I'm ALWAYS hungry!

This week has been great and in a couple days I will be 19 weeks.... Almost half way there!!!

No comments: