Apr 26, 2011

17 weeks


Turnip

The baby is the size of a turnip! I didn't even know what a turnip was until this week :D








I've been feeling really great. I can't complain! The only thing I've noticed is headaches - and today is the first one I've had all week. And I did have a little 'scare'... I was having this burning sensation in my left lower abdomen. It didn't feel like normal 'growing pains', so I went to the doctor to make sure everything was Ok. And it was - sheew! Doc said it's just round ligament pain. Thank goodness! It must mean that baby is having a growth spurt - my tummy has been very achy lately!

The biggest highlight of this week is feeling the baby move :) While I was in Iowa, at my sister in-laws baby shower, they served us a big cinnamon roll and OJ. This had been the first time I had that much sugar in one sitting... As I started watching her open present, I started to feel these weird feelings in my lower tummy. It was like flips and somersaults! It last almost 3 hours.... and I've felt it every day since then. What an AMAZING feeling! I love it. The best way to describe it is, little muscle spasms or gas - but you can DEFINITELY tell the difference! Mike is sad he can't feel it yet - but I hope in a couple more weeks he can!

And ta-da here is the 17 week picture! I apologize that I'm headless. I honestly do not do this on purpose. I always forget to take pictures...and when I finally do I'm in a rush in the morning. I promise better pictures soon!



Look at that belly! Omgosh, right?! I'm so short (barely 5'2") that this baby has no where to go! I've only gained 7lbs so far...


No comments: