Mar 31, 2011

14 weeks

Our little monkey is the size of a lemon now!




Baby's now the size of a lemon!
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.



(Source)



I love Thursdays, because I move up a week. All my pregnancy apps on my phone update... and it's so fun to monitor the progress.

One thing I haven't understood is that I'm 14 weeks 1 day pregnant, however, I am in my 15th week. It's something I will never understand....

I'm feeling really good lately. The nausea has gone away and I have a lot more energy. So far, the Second Trimester is definitely the 'honeymoon' trimester! I can finally start enjoying this pregnancy. I'm feeling more and more excited by the minute!

I'm also starting to show a little bit more but a stranger wouldn't be able to tell if I'm pregnant. I can't wait for the baby bump.....right now I still look like I ate too many donuts. I'm not complaining! I love every second of all of this. It's a new adventure and I'm so in love.

1 comment:

Krista said...

So cute!

Okay, the 14/15 thing I can explain. Think of it this way:
-when you're born, up until you turn "1", you're in your first year of life. once you turn "1", you're in your second year of life.
-when you're married, up until you've been married 365 days, you're in your first year of marriage. once you've passed your first anniversary, you're in your second year of marriage.
-so when you're pregnant, days 0-7 are in your first week. (not quite true, as the first 2 weeks are purely hyopthetical weeks, but that's a story for another day...)