Mar 28, 2011

First Trimester



I'm going to cheat a little and recap my First Trimester. Truth is I need to catch up! I'm already in my Second Trimester :)

The First Trimester was a blur. It went by so fast. I have noticed I am 'textbook' pregnant. If they wrote about a symptom - I have it. Nauseous all the time, Check. Extreme fatigue. Check. Constipation, Check. Sore/Huge Boobs, Double check. Constant need to pee, Check. Wild dreams, Check. Cramping, Check. Worrisome, Check. Food (chicken) aversions, Check. Heartburn, Check. Mood swings, Check. Every single one of these symptoms are so freakin worth it.

I spent the first few weeks of pregnancy on the couch whining. I was sick and tired (literally) all the time. Poor Mike... I'm lucky though, I only threw up 7 times. I was just nauseous - which isn't pleasant. I was mostly worried about miscarrying. They say not to tell anyone until your in your 2nd Trimester, so we only told our immediate family and friends. Even that made me nervous. I had a lot of people on my side, and praying for me... I made it through the First Trimester and am feeling SO much better!

The highlight of the First Trimester is seeing the little one for the first time....



And hearing the little one for the first time. When we went in for our 12 week check up, we were able to hear the heartbeat. What an amazing sound that was.... I wish I would have recorded it. Next time I will! We also heard this loud sound in my tummy - when we asked what it was my Ob said it was the little one kicking. How cool is that?!

I can't wait to have more of a bump. This is what I looked like at 9 1/2 weeks....


No comments: