Apr 15, 2011

15 and 16 weeks!

I am playing catch up, I missed 15 weeks... I have been busy lately. We have been doing a little remodeling and getting ready for our trip to Iowa (I'm in the car right now..)

15 weeks!

The baby is now a size of an orange!

orange

"Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet." (Source)

This week I was babysitting for a family for a few days, and when they went to bed I was just laying on their couch...alone. When all of a sudden I felt this popping in my tummy. If felt like popcorn popping. I have heard that is what feeling the baby for the first time could feel like - I tried not to get too excited, because it could have been gas.. Deep down I think it was the baby though! :)

16 weeks!

The baby is now the size of an avocado!
http://prittynachrel.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/avocado-1.jpg

"Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean she can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming." (Source)

This has been a fun week! I have felt the baby move quite a bit! I haven't felt that popcorn feeling but I have been feeling lots of flutters. It's such a hard feeling to describe...but it does feel like butterflies are in your tummy. A-MAZ-ING!!!

My 16 week check went awesome! I had a long list of questions....

-Round ligament pain is only on the right side? Normal.
-Pelvic floor pain? Normal...baby moving.
-Severe headaches? Common - if they continue she will prescribe me something.
-Severe back pain already? Common - if it gets worse I will get sent to physical therapy.

The best part....I got to hear the little monkey's heartbeat again! I have to admit, I'm a first time mom and I was worried.... It was such a relief to hear that amazing little fast heartbeat. The little one has stayed in the 150's. The old wives' tale says the higher the heartbeat, it will be a girl. I personally don't care....boy or girl....just please please be healthy!

I made my anatomy scan for May 18th....I cannot wait to see our little monkey - and to make sure everything is Ok.

Keep cooking little one....just 5 more months and we get to meet you and Love you to pieces!!

No comments: