Aug 10, 2009

New jobs

Remember when I was telling you how my husband lost his job? We were in a bit of a panic...

Well, he has been at his new job for 2 months now. And LOVES it! He comes home happy now and is really excited to learn new things every day. I'm super happy and proud of him! He has even lost some weight from being busy all day vs. being home able to munch all day. He is an Account Manager for a company that picks up medical waste. He's been doing this line of work for over 10 years now... We feel blessed that he found a job so quickly.

I especially love the REAL paychecks now.....unemployment sucks!

I too have a new job! I'm still at the same School District but have switched positions and buildings. We are getting hit with the recession. From what our bosses tell us- schools usually see an economic fall a year after the rest of the world. Maily because we are always funded a year early-for each school year. But this year and next we will be hurting. We can't hire anymore support staff. There was a Secretary who retired at our Junior High campus and no one could be hired to replace her. So, they asked me to take her place. Seemed like I was getted demoted at first. I wasn't too happy with it. But when I pulled my foot out of my ass I realized that they made a good decision. I have experience in the school office and I loved it. My pay stays the same and I continue to get my annual raises. I can't complain! Today is my first day....no one is here so it's quite boring. (That is why I have time to update you!) The phones are still quite from summer break. But I think I will enjoy it here!

I'm happy to still have a job! And to work with such nice people!

No comments: