Aug 8, 2009

14 days

Today is officially 14 days since my last cigarette!

I am so very proud of myself. The first few days were the hardest. I was crabby when it came time to take my Chantix medication. And now on my 2nd week...I sometimes forget to take it! In the last 2 weeks, I have learned to control my urges by deep breathes and simply just trying to ignore it. Which has really helped. Now the only time I have an urge to smoke is when I'm stressed out or irritated. This whole house thing has really tested me. There were a few days where I really wanted a smoke...but I just told myself no. And it's worked.

I've also noticed I am breathing much better. I don't get out of breathe while exercising anymore. And my sense of smell has gotten incredibly better. I'm smelling things I never did before. For example..I keep my perfume in my hallway closet. And I was walking by it and I thought the bottle cracked or spilled- the perfume smell was so strong! My hubs told me it's always been like that....but I had never noticed it before. They also say food is suppose to taste better- but I haven't noticed that yet. Just breathing better is enough for me!

I can't wait till I get to another 2 weeks!

3 comments:

Krista said...

GOOD FOR YOU! You've done such a great thing for your health.

My mom never noticed food taste different, nor did she really report exercising got easier. She did notice she could go longer, but it wasn't easier. But she noticed the smell improving!

Bella said...

Yay for you! I'm so very proud of you too :-)

Rachael said...

Good job!! That is so awesome. Before you not it smoking is just a thing of the past!!!