Aug 23, 2009

I made it a month

It's been a month since I quit smoking. I treated myself to a manicure/pedicure today! Today was a great day..... I am extremely proud of myself-yet so surprised. I honestly didn't think I could do it. I've been around smoke all my life (even in the womb)...and I have always thought I would never be able to quit. I was so wrong. Every now and then I get an impulse to smoke- but I snap a piece of gum in my mouth I forget about it. I hear I might have those impulses forever.... People I work with have quit for 20+ years and they still have odd impulses from time to time.

I stopped talking the Chantix about a week ago. My doctor decided she didn't want me on it-just in case I were to become pregnant. She does not know the effects it would have on a baby-and doesn't want to take the chance. We aren't trying to conceive but we are just trying to be cautious. It's ok though-I don't even need the Chantix anymore. And I'm glad to get rid of some of the nasty side effects.....

The only down side of quitting is I've gained some of the weight back I lost before my wedding. It saddens me...but at the same time I am confident that I can loose it again-and even maybe more! I've gained 10lbs in 3 months. Not all of it has been from the quitting but definitely half.... But I have started back on my strict no junk food/no snacking....and I hope to loose 20lbs by Christmas. I think that is a realistic goal-so I hope to loose maybe a little more. I will start updating you on recipes and work outs I find helpful!

We are still packing...we are closing on our new house next Friday. We are so excited to own a home..and make it ours. More updates to come soon. We have been BUSY BUSY packing! Now I just have to make sure I don't mess up my fresh manicure on all these ugly boxes all over the house!!!

1 comment:

Bella said...

What were your nasty side effects of the Chantix? I can't wait for you guys for Friday! :-)