Jul 26, 2009

Sunday Recipes: Grandma's Swiss Steak

I am going to try to post a recipe every Sunday....Mike and I love to cook-so I thought I would share some recipes we cook often as well as some new recipes we have been finding!

This one is a favorite in our house. I got it from my Grandma...



Grandma's Swiss Steak



Ingredients:
Round steak, Sirloin steak, or sirloin steak cubes (any will work)
1 can of italian style diced tomatoes
1 onion
salt and pepper
1 Tbs. of olive oil

Heat oil in skillet. Cut the steak into 4 pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown steak lightly on both sides. (turn off heat) Slice onion top over steak, and add entire can of diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil - simmer for an hour.

Serve with noodles , mashed potatoes and/or a veggie! We love green beans or broccoli with this one!

It's a very healthy light recipe. Perfect in the summer - when you don't want to turn on your oven!

Yum-0!

1 comment:

Bella said...

mmm...i'll have to try that, so easy too! :-)